Certificate in CFA ESG Investing Topic Area Weights
|Introduction to ESG||4-8%|
|The ESG Market||4-8%|
|Engagement and Stewardship||6-10%|
|ESG Analysis, Valuation, and Integration||20-32%|
|ESG Integrated Portfolio Construction and Management||8-14%|
|Investment Mandates, Portfolio Analytics, and Client Reporting||4–8%|
Exam consists of 100 questions in total, split between the following question types:
- Standard multiple choice questions
- Item set questions. Item sets consist of a vignette followed by 4-6 multiple choice questions which can be answered based on the information provided in the vignette.
- Exam Timing is 2 hours 20 min (Total 140 min)
- Exam Adminstered
- - In Person Test Centers
- (Check available Test Center on https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/programs/esg-investing)
- - Online proctoring is available, depending on local regulations and system capability
- (Check availability https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/programs/esg-investing)
Who Should Register?
This certificate is designed for investment professional who want to learn more about how to analyze and integrate material ESG factors into their day-to-day roles.
It is best suited for anyone working in front or back offices and adjacent roles — including sales and distribution, wealth management, product development, financial advice, consulting, risk — as well as anyone looking to improve their understanding of ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) issues.
Exam Fees and Scheduling
- Exam Registration Fees - USD 675
- After registering, candidates will have up to one full year to schedule exam with Prometric.
- Candidates will be able to schedule an Exam after 2 working days from receiving your Exam registration confirmation.